Hot Cross Buns – From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Government of Trinidad and Tobago has declared 2015 The year of the Hot Crossed Buns and in marking the occasion Hot Crossed Buns will be distributed through the country to every citizen and visitor, both legal and illegal. Naturally, a contract has been awarded to a new but mysterious baking company called Sistrum. This blog was reliably informed that it was only on Monday the Government went out to tender for the Manufacture and National Distribution of Hot Crossed Buns with an Extra Cross (Double Crossed Buns). The tender was evaluated on Tuesday and awarded the same day. Only one bid was received (Sistrum) and was said to meet and exceed all the requirements of the bun specification including the raisins per bun, thickness of the crosses, minimum bun diameter, amazing golden color and mouth-watering smell. The whole process was transparent.
A spokes person for Sistrum said the buns will be the first thing they ever bake and they already had the conveyor belts used in a quarry to crush local stones. It was only last week Sistrum received 1000 mega-large ovens from China and a Hot Cross Bun expert. Asked how come they had the ovens and an expert on order the spokes person said it was just plain luck and they like to order all kinds of things all the time. The contract is said to be worth tens of millions of dollars given the price of Hot Cross Buns on the international market. The established large bakeries in the country think there is something fishy about the whole deal but a Sistrum executive says this was probably due to the Lenten season. When the Minister of Finance was asked where the money will be coming from to fund the buns he simply said “eat yuh bun and shut up nah.” When further pressed about the unprecedented short time (one day) for the tender he said in any country emergencies happen and items such as buns must be procured at short notice. Asked if the supply of buns was a national emergency he simply said “no bun, no fun.”
The Prime Minister, in a short release from her office, said that every man, woman and child will be given buns and people should not worry too much about the award of the contract or how much taxpayers dollars Sistrum will be getting but instead enjoy and savor the flavor of the hot, hot cross buns. The army, police, NGOs, gang leaders and Jack Warner will be given the task on ensuring an equitable distribution of the baked goods. The man-on-the-street has applauded this latest Government initiative and has cancelled orders for buns from bakeries such as Linda’s, St. Mary’s and Kiss . “We like how de government moving and everybody is entitled to freeness like education, box drains, tablets, lap tops and buns and thing. We hope we getting Easter Egg too nex year and turkey for thanks giving.”
When someone asked me what I thought about the latest cabinet reshuffle my mind drew a few blanks. That is when I realized that I never posted a blog about our almost-very-own Nicki Minaj. Nicki Minaj was born Onika Nicki Maraj in the year 1982 in the tiny, bustling town of St. James,Trinidad and Tobago. However she, along with her parents, miraculously escaped alive from Trinidad and Tobago when she was just five years old. After the daring escape she grew up in a safer city in the USA called New York. An obviously talented girl, she changed her name to Nicki Minaj as she entered the world of celebrities who can make money. Currently she is 30 years old and also a very successful ” rapper, singer, songwriter, actress, and television personality.”
In 2012, Nicki flew to Trinidad and shot the music video to her then latest single, Pound the Alarm. In the video some of the exceptional women of Trinidad and Tobago were featured resulting in Trinidad and Tobago being promoted as a must-see tourist destination with women.
In Pound the Alarm Nicki Minaj says:
Yo, what I gotta do to show these girls that I own them
Some call me nicki, and some call me roman
Skeeza, pleez, I’m in Ibiza
Giuseppe Zanotti, my own sneaker
Sexy, sexy that’s all I do
If you need a bad b-tch
Let me call a few
Here are some screen shots that I captured from the Vevo HD video of Pound the Alarm – enjoy.
Looks can be deceiving as well as pleasing
The thing that separates humans from the rest of the animal world is our ability to be creative. To express our creativity and to appreciate or drool over the the creativity of others are natural human tendencies. However, to deny these tendencies make life less fulfilling. Maybe the best authors can do the picture above justice with their words but for any man, the picture says almost enough.
Guess which Trinidad and Tobago Food
The same rules apply as the last one.
The prize is probably the same.
The answer is easy.
Guess which Trinidad and Tobago Food
The rules are simple – guess which Trinidad and Tobago food 🙂
The winner will be showered with both sufficient and unnecessary praise.
What you see is what you know.
SING ONLY ONE WORD! It’s not as easy as you might think! Copy and change the answers to suit you and pass it on. It’s really hard to only use one word answers. Be sure to tag the person you received it from!
1. Where is your cell phone? pocket
2. Your significant other? SO
3. Your hair? black
4. Your mother? well
5. Your father? gone
6. Your favorite song? Imagine
7. Your dream last night? wet
8. Your favorite drink? fizzy
9. Your dream/goal? happy
10. What room you are in? cell
11. Your hobby? blogging
12. Your fear? government
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? above
14. Where were you last night? nowhere?
15. Something that you aren’t? ugly
16. Muffins? no
17. Wish list item? unmentionable
18. Where you grew up? Trinidad
19. Last thing you did? type
20. What are you wearing? smile
21. Your TV? flat
22. Your pets? dog
23. Friends? five
24. Your life? good
25. Your mood? unbelievable
26. Missing someone? no
27. Car? Toyota
28. Something you’re not wearing? panty
29. Your favorite store? Amazon
30. Your favorite color? blue
33. When is the last time you laughed? now
34. Last time you cried? ages
35. Who will resend this? none
36. Favorite vacation? Tobago
37. One person who emails me regularly? Tunks
38. My favorite place to eat? Trotters
Rules: Copy to your own note, erase my answers, enter yours, and tag 10 people. Use the first letter of your name to answer each of the following questions. They have to be real; nothing made up! If the person before you had the same first initial, use different answers. You cannot use any word twice and you can’t use your name for the boy/girl name question. Not always as easy as it looks. Have Fun!!”
1. What is your name: Aka
2. A four Letter Word: muck
3. A boy’s Name: Dick
4. A girl’s Name: Connie
5. An occupation: beaver catcher
6. A color: Garden Hose Green
7. Something you wear: smirk
8. A food: Turkey Brest
9. Something found in the bathroom: people
10. A place: prison
11. A reason for being late: stupid people
12. Something you shout: Thief!
13. A movie title: Gone With The Gin
14. Something you drink: Bloody Mary
15. A musical group: Black Eyed Peas
16. An animal: grouper
Once again I, aka_lol, have been the subject of a vicious tag for reasons that should be obvious to those who know me , those who admire me, and those who have expressed great indifference to my very existence and blog. After much deliberation and forgetfulness I decided to respond to the tag from Girlblue because my charm, cunning, occasional intelligence, and boundless humility prevents me from doing otherwise. Here is my list of over twenty interesting and/or little know things about me:
- Believes the camera is the best macocious device ever invented
- Is a music lover – all styles, all genres, all countries of origin, all peer to peer sources
- Is an animal lover except for snakes even though their tongues are the envy of every man
- Lucky number is 69
- Once had to adopt the crash landing position on a flight
- Never lost luggage or missed a flight
- Been to Portugal once
- Never ate sushi and doesn’t need oysters
- Doesn’t want to be envied or admired out of bed
- Loves to be physically active
- Never had a love affair with alcohol or fruit cake
- Loves being misunderstood
- Is misunderstood
- Never swears unless driving and even then in a very muffled and unintelligible voice.
- Once applied for sainthood but had my application rejected during the first evaluation stage when a $100 bill was discovered cleverly stapled to the back of the application form
- Thinks more problems can be solved with sarcasm than compassion
- Thinks the world will be a peaceful place when there is nothing to die for
- Would much prefer to see through women’s clothes that see through women
- Loves the ambiguity of the spoken word e.g. “She wanted to get ahead”
- Is hardly ever serious
- Can be forgetful
Brilliante Blog Award Premio - 2008
This blog has been Awarded the Brilliante Blog Award Priemo – 2008 by no less a blog than the brilliant Wuzdescene, also a recent recipient of this Award.
Naturally, I celebrated on hearing the news and am still feeling the effects of the hangover.
In keeping with the spirit of Brilliante, I have nominated the following Blogs for the Brilliante Blog Award Priemo – 2008. I list them here in no particular order except random or reverse alphabitical.
For instructions on how you can also be part of this Award system click here.
The Awards Go To…
Water the Blog
Onedia In The Ozarks
Lifespan of a Chennette – chennette.net
It’s a Maze aaand a Maraca