A good ad agency knows what will offend the pretentious so it is not surprising that this Serena Williams ad for the video game Top Spin was considered “too risqué for television.” That television would be American TV and obviously not Trinidad and Tobago TV which is accustomed to showing all forms of gyrations without even breaking a sweat or receiving a complaint except that the video was too short, or the skirt too long.
The Top Spin ad, I suppose,stressed too much on the behind the scenes attractions of tennis instead of the boring part of the game which is as bland as dry toast in prison. I admire the ad agency not only for a well made video that holds the attention as much as anything on Playboy TV but in also understanding that to offend is sometimes necessary to succeed in a world where commercial success is usually driven by sex.
- Serena Williams’ Sexy New Video Game Ad Pulled (akalol.wordpress.com)
- Serena Williams 2K Sports Commercial: Too Sexy for TV? (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- “Serena williams new commercial for a video game” and related posts (hiphopgalaxy.com)
- Banned Serena Williams Video Game Ad – Rated ‘Too Sexy'[Video] (urbanmogullife.com)
- Racy Serena Williams commercial won’t appear on TV – Busted Racquet – Tennis Blog – Yahoo! Sports (lucindaviewofthenews.wordpress.com)
- Wake Up Call: Racy Serena Williams video game ad is pulled (offthebench.nbcsports.com)
- Serena Williams Video Game Commercial Deemed Too Sexy for TV (shoppingblog.com)