Today, April 22nd, is National Jelly Bean Day. The origin of the Jelly Bean is as mysterious as the origin of National Jelly Bean Day. Some say the Jelly Bean was created by a dentist who was short on cavities so he opened a bakery and confectionery store to feed his habit of extracting more money from his customers. The urban legend goes on to say the now infamous, filthy and rich dentist realized that the jam fillings in his iced cupcakes was not enough so he created the jellybean. The rest is oral history.
Posts Tagged ‘Home’
Tags: Bean, candy, Cooking, dentist, fraud, Home, humor, Jelly bean, Jelly Belly, money, National Jelly Bean Day, sweets, trinidad and tobago
Tags: 2011, celebration, Cooking, deyas, divali, Divali Nagar, diwali, food, happiness, Hindu, Hindu calendar, Holidays, Home, India, New Year, photography, photos, Public holidays in India, trinidad and tobago
Happy Diwali to all!! May all your saheenas be hot and tasty.
Hopefully I will post photos as they happen or as I have the time. Stay tuned.
- T&T: Divali celebrations serve up cultural extravaganza (repeatingislands.com)
- Happy Diwali :) (teenagesaint.wordpress.com)
- Diwali – Deepavali, The festival of Lamps (vegeyum.wordpress.com)
- Divali Nagar – world’s first Hindu theme park (repeatingislands.com)
- Getting ready for Divali with multigrain waffles (madteaparty.wordpress.com)
- Festival of lights (prayforgujarat.wordpress.com)
Tags: animals, Caribbean, Chicken, Chicken coop, chicken parts, ganga, Home, humor, Interpol, Jamaica, marijuana, Poultry, Trinidad, trinidad and tobago
Chickens, and poultry across the world are in an uproar as their name has been tarnished, once again, by the discovery of 31 million dollars worth of marijuana in container number 31 at the Port of Point Lisas, Trinidad and Tobago. The marijuana was found in the refrigerated container that was supposed to contain only chicken parts. This latest incident only adds to the mystery as many questions remain unanswered for several years such as why did the chicken cross the road, which came first, the chicken or the egg, and how many minutes for a poached egg. The new question on the tongues of everyone is not why did the the marijuana accompany the chicken parts but who stole the chicken parts.
The businessman who the container was consigned is said to be furious as several of his high quality chicken parts (mainly breast, legs and thighs) were missing from the 40-foot container. “This will certainly create a shortage on the market” the businessman was overhead telling one of his cooks who had just finished grinding up some fresh seasoning destined to marinate the chicken parts that went missing. It is alleged that the parts are somewhere in Jamaica where the parts were stolen and replaced with ganga. Interpol is said to be hot on the trail of the chilled chicken parts and hope to recover the parts and ship them to Trinidad before the refrigeration system runs out of gas, and the businessman goes bankrupt. It is rumored that the goods were not insured.
Chicks, cocks, hens, a few ducks and several yard fowls expressed shock and horror on hearing how the parts went missing. One hen was said to be on sedatives and is refusing to lay any more eggs until the security of bird parts can be guaranteed by the Government. One cock also expressed shock, but he said this will not stop him from doing his part for the chicken parts industry. “Parts are our future” he was quoted as saying. When asked to comment, a duck that was said to be close to the situation, was grabbed up by his owner before he could quack a word to this blogger. Strong curry odours could be smelt coming from a nearby warehouse.
Tags: Armenian, Armenian-American, Asian, Caucasian, celebrity, Celebrity sex tape, Chris Brown, Dolls, Ethnicity, Home, humor, Kim Kardashian, Kris Jenner, magazine, Miles Austin, nude, Paris Hilton, playboy, Ray J, Shakira, Shopping, trinidad and tobago, twitter
- Kim’s real name is Kimberly Noel Kardashian
- Kim will be 30 years old on October 21st this year
- Kim Kardashian became famous because she is the daughter of the late attorney Robert Kardashian of O.J Simpson’s defense lawyer fame.
- But most of her initial fame came from not just being the daughter of a high-profile lawyer but also the popularity of a sex tape with her former boyfriend Ray J – Click To Download
- It’s unclear if she has any talent besides being famous
- Up to today, she is not famous for her academic achievements
- Kim is 4th generation Armenian
- Has black hair
- Looks good
- Kim claims she was raised like an Armenian, eating Armenian food, celebrating Armenian holidays and even making an Armenian style sex tape
- Kim’s mother is still Irish
- Kim Kardashian is 5 feet 2 inches tall, the same as Shakira
- Says Paris Hilton of cocaine-dropped-from-purse fame, is one of her best friends
- Kim Kardashian released a workout DVD series, Fit In Your Jeans By Friday, that is just two days away
- Has an official website
- Is on Twitter
- Appeared nude in Playboy and supposedly other places
- Starred in the disaster called Disaster Movie
- Kim Kardashian has once denied dating that woman-beater, Chris Brown
- Was made into a Wax Figure
- Has perfect curves and rightfully flaunts it for photographers
- Has a Bikini Body and also flaunts it for photographers
- Was once seen wearing shorts, and eating ice cream
- Kim Kardashian doesn’t date – so what does she do
- Kim Kardashian objected to the selling of lookalike blow-Up dolls possibly on the grounds that nobody will Be able to tell which is the doll, and which is human
- Has a Weird Fetish in men – see if you qualify
Related articles by Zemanta
- Kim Kardashian likes to golf in 4-inch heels (hollywoodnews.com)
- Kim Kardashian in Citizens of Humanity (denimblog.com)
- Is Kim Kardashian Really Dating Chris Brown? (eonline.com)
- The way to win Kim Kardashian’s heart (hollywoodnews.com)
- Kim Kardashian Bans Questions About Clothing Removal! (perezhilton.com)
- Kim Kardashian visits Coco Chanel’s suite (hollywoodnews.com)
- Kim Kardashian and Miles Austin Split (everyjoe.com)
- Kim Kardashian: I’m Not Jealous of Kourtney’s Body (omg.yahoo.com)
- Kim Kardashian has fashion show-down with sister (hollywoodnews.com)
- Kim Kardashian Works Her T&A (derekhail.com)
- Kim Kardashian in Europe: A Photo Tour (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Quotable: Kim Kardashian Just Wants A Nice, Normal Armenian Guy (thefrisky.com)
- Kim Kardashian: ‘My Entire Body is Hairless’ (thesuperficial.com)
- Kim Kardashian Goes to Munich for Oktoberfest (shoppingblog.com)
Tags: Caribbean food, Cook, Crab, crab and dumpling, Fish and Seafood, food, Fruit and Vegetable, Home, Miss Jean, Miss Trim, Shellfish, Shopping, Soups and Stews, Store Bay, Tobago, trinidad and tobago
Here is a Tobago crab minus the dumplings. Around this time of the year there are many Trinis who line up by Miss Jean or Miss Trim in Store Bay, Tobago to buy Crab and Dumpling without thinking that neither the dumplings nor the crabs are fond of the dish. These crabs are shy because they want to live and probably heard many horror stories about humans and their dumplings. Maybe Chennette, Wizzy or Chris can assure this crab in the photo – who probably reads my blog – that he or she is much too thin to even come close to a box of Tobago dumplings.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Gourmet Dumpling House: “Hot, Juicy Love” (passionatefoodie.blogspot.com)
- Roka (gothamgal.com)
- imabonehead: Daring Cooks Challenge: Pierogies (blissfullyunrefined.com)
- Blue crabs flooding Narragansett Bay. (projo.com)
- Pasta and Crab Salad (notecook.com)
- Buying Freshwater Aquarium Crabs (brighthub.com)
- What family are crabs in? (greenanswers.com)
- Restaurant City proves that getting crabs can be fun and exciting (games.com)
- How to Go Crabbing – Beginner Level (saltwaterfishing.suite101.com)
- Feeling crabby? Dive into a crab feast at Gettin’ Crabby in Stuart (pbpulse.com)
- imabonehead: Alex Chu Launches 2nd Dim Sum Truck, Deluxe Dumplings : Meals on Wheels : Eater LA (la.eater.com)
- Beaumont Enterprise: More La. waters opened to commercial crabbing (beaumontenterprise.com)
Tags: adult, Angostura Bitters, Arts, blog, blog science, blog survey, blogging, Cocktail, food, Home, humor, Megan Fox, Nissan Almera, On the Web, Orange juice, Pigeon pea, science, survey, Transformers, Weblogs
People start blogging for many reasons but I think the main reasons are (a) because everybody is doing it, and (b) it’s cheaper than a short skirt. Soon, however, if we persist, we get very attached to our blog and it becomes a part of us just like our chiseled abs or our “Beyonce in a short skirt” desktop background. We worry about not posting and we assume once we write a post it becomes a significant part of the blog universe. We believe people read out blogs and hope it becomes a source of inspiration and envy just as our Nissan Almeras and women have become. Posting to our blog then becomes our fix.
There is nothing bad about being addicted to blogging except it changes the way we look at the world causing us to go through life looking at every thing and every situation wondering if this could be our next blog post.
With this in mind, and in order to try to get a better understand the blogger’s mind, I developed a blog survey. I posted the questions below because I needed a fix but if you seriously want to help move blog science forward, then do the actual survey by clicking here.
1.0 Why do you blog?
(a) It will be my legacy
(b) I need attention
(c) I need an outlet for my frustration
(e) I am turned on by comments
2.0 Do you plan to sell the rights of you blog to a movie company?
(b) Once the price is right
(c) Only if Megan Fox agrees to the lead
(d) Yes, but the movie must contain no nudity during the intermission.
3.0 How many visits does your blog receive per month?
(a) Over 30,000
(b) 20,000 to 30,000
(c) Less than 20,000
(d) Less than 100
(e) What is a visit?
4.0 How often do you update your blog?
(a) I am a freak of nature so I update daily
(b) Less than 20 times per month
(c) Whenever I feel lonely
(d) Every time the government decides to build a smelter
5.0 Does your blog contain photos portraying tasteful or disgusting nudes?
(a) It’s the reason I blog
(b) No, I don’t believe in nudity so I shower with all my clothes on.
6.0 Will blogging ever replace parliament?
7.0 Do you sleep in the nude or have arm pits?
(a) What is pelau
(b) What is Angostura Bitters?
(c) No, since it makes the pelau taste like orange juice
(d) Yes, since it possibly has small amounts of deadly poisons which can enhance the taste of pigeon peas and some bloggers
9.0 Have you ever blogged while eating?
(b) Does food count?
10.0 What is your favorite blog?
(b) All of the above
Tags: aloo pie, CNC3, Cooking, doubles, Food poisoning, hair, health, Home, humor, naked, naked woman, nude, nude woman, RIchard Dawkins, Sampson Nanton, shampoo, Ted Haggard, The Guardian, The Trinidad Guardian, trinidad and tobago
There are little things I do, or don’t do, which make me feel better about myself. Things like drinking WASA water instead of Blue Water, reluctantly eating oatmeal instead of aloo pie, reading Richard Dawkins instead of Ted Haggard, and gladly buying The Guardian instead of The Newsday. I hope doing these things would lead to happiness, fun, and less traffic.
To have fun people must feel safe but it is difficult to feel safe in some locations in Trinidad and Tobago because of the increase in gun crime and food poisoning. Ever Since Sampson Nanton went on CNC3 and showed us roadside vendors dripping sweat over barbecue chicken, probably to add that unique flavor and competitive edge, I am scared of fast food and St. James. I will never forgive Sampson Nanton for that. Roadside fast food can still be fun but you have to be hungry and drunk first. I once asked a doubles vendor why there was a strand of hair in my aloo pie he said his wife was balding. He missed the point and offered extra chutney to hide the taste of the Pantene Pro V Shampoo.
A good part of a better life for a man is having fun, money, health and a nude woman with a decent body, all at the same time. There is a suggestion that there might be a correlation between having fun with a naked woman and a man’s happiness but men have been trying unsuccessfully for years to prove this correlation wrong. I think scientist are on the verge of discovering that a naked woman is the only thing men live for and to suggest there is more is simply a pathetic attempt to sound like Oprah.
The words nude and naked are synonyms but in the real world they mean different things. Ask a woman to get nude and she is likely to pose like a renaissance model under a 10 watt light after dinner. Ask a woman to get naked she would probably go home with dessert.