Although the word has been around since August, I only found out about the movie Doubles With Slight Pepper from the Trinidad Guardian on Monday. It was good news for movie making in Trinidad and Tobago. Doubles With Slight Pepper is a movie by Ian Harnarine, a Canadian with Trini parents and who is a movie sound recordists and mixer. The movie won Best Short Award at the International Toronto Film Festival (ITFF) has been considered among the top ten movies in Canada this year. According to the ITFF website the movie runs for 16 minutes and has the famous American director, Spike Lee listed as one of the executive producers. The Trinidad Guardian’s article said the Trinidad and Tobago Film Company (TTFC) assisted Mr. Harnarine with grant funding for the movie. I checked the listing for the Trinidad and Tobago Film Festival (TTFF I suppose) for listings for 2011 but didn’t see Doubles listed. Maybe Flow will offer it on-demand soon.
- T&T films end year on a high (repeatingislands.com)
- 2011 Toronto International Film Festival Selects “Doubles with Slight Pepper” (repeatingislands.com)
- Trinidad and Tobago: Are we developed? (repeatingislands.com)
- T&T Film Festival and bpTT host Mayaro movie weekend (repeatingislands.com)
- Three-Hour Caribbean Cooking Class for One or Two at TriniSoul (Up to 76% Off) (bxcheapskate.com)
- What is the importance of tourism in Trinidad and tobago (wiki.answers.com)
- T&T Film Festival to host Toronto film fest director (repeatingislands.com)