In about ten thousand years from now, the toys shown in the photos above may be worth the price I paid for them in the tourist trap known as the souvenir shop. I am not complaining since no tourist will ever feel fulfilled unless he or she buys souvenirs for friends and loved ones that will look cheap and tacky in even the cheapest and tackiest parts of any home. Giving someone a tacky souvenir is the way we tell people how we felt about them while we were having a good time in a foreign country.The only souvenirs that are not tacky are toy cars as toys will be toys even if made in China.
Photographing toys is almost as much fun as playing with them and even more fun than buying them. For men, there is something very compelling about toy cars and I suppose it is the same compulsion women feel when they see shoes, handbags, clothes, a sign marked SALE or the able wallet of a man. The photos were taken with a Pentax 50mm 1.4 FA lens. The light was natural and the table top old.
- Stuffed Toys Online. Stuffed Toy Reviews. Buy Stuffed Toys (toysstuffed.com)
- China wooden toys city – Zhejiang YunHe (woodshopplans.plansforchair.com)
- Toy PLR Membership Coupon Available (plrarticleswebsite.net)
- Marianne, Toy Destroyer (featheredfiends.wordpress.com)
- Toy Reviews (toysrushome.wordpress.com)
- Vintage Toy Galleries – Penny Cottee’s Photographs Show Children’s Playthings in New Light (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Washing Waterproof Toys (suggestivetongue.com)
- Toy Story… (nuts4toys.wordpress.com)
- Toy Story: Bucket O Soldiers – Thinkaway Toys (disneycollection.se)
- Children’s Toys: Organizing, Reducing, and Storage Issues (gomestic.com)
- Toys R Us to Set Up Spooktiques for Halloween (shoppingblog.com)