Critics say Inception is a great movie made for the intelligent man and woman. Inception is like, well, so totally intellectual you can’t even take your mind off the movie for a second to admire the Miss Universe grade form accidentally brushing up against your almost retracted legs.
I saw Inception yesterday and I can assure you this movie is not for the stupid. Smart people found Inception so good they clapped at the end while the dumb ones hurried out the cinema with bent, confused heads carrying empty popcorn bags packed on top ketchup-stained chicken combo trays, looking for the nearest garbage bin to identify with. I pretended to be smart and gave a couple vague hand claps to hide my stupidity and tucked my chicken combo tray under the seat next to me. All I could have said to the group of both intellectual and pseudo-intellectual friends was that the movie was “cork.” One friend who is into science fiction and a physics PhD asked if I understood the movie, and I said “Wah dey hah tuh understand.”
I was quietly confused trying to figure out whose dream was whose and what was a dream and what was a dream within a dream in this movie of dreams. The fact is that Inception is fast-paced, complicated and brilliant but it makes up for these shortcomings with totally awesome special effects. Leonardo DiCaprio played the part of a man who knows his dreams and can get into the head of other dreamers to steal secret information which I imagine can be stuff like the recipe for KFC or the facts behind the Guanapo church or even if a woman is wearing any underwear. What DiCaprio is however contracted to do in the movie is not to find out about underwear but to plant an idea in someone’s head via a dream – inception. It was a dumb idea but the movie nobody bothered to question the idea out of fear of being branded an idiot. What I was also able to pick up from the movie is that what you think is reality might be a dream and reading this blog may seem like a dream but I can assure you it is as real as silicon boobs.
So, out of fear of being labeled stupid, I rate Inception highly and recommend it to all my friends but especially my dumb enemies. You know who you are even if I don’t.
Related articles by Zemanta
- A dream within a dream within a dream within a mind screw (theferretgun.blogspot.com)
- Did Inception Really Rip Off Scrooge McDuck? (eonline.com)
- Dream Invasion: The Truth Behind the Movie ‘Inception’ (grantlawrence.blogspot.com)
- Movie Review: Inception – A Journey Through the Mind (blogcritics.org)
- MOVIE REVIEW Innception: Architecture of the minds (tech.mit.edu)
- Inception: Dreaming Is What’s Left Of Psychedelia… (npinopunintended.wordpress.com)
- The science of Inception (cbc.ca)
- Final shots: In dreams… and waking up (blogs.suntimes.com)
- Friday Night at the Movies: Inception (beliefnet.com)
- LOL: Inception Characters Don’t Understand Inception (slashfilm.com)