Before it was alleged that Tiger Woods had one or many affairs with women while he was married he was considered a stud and an amazing golfer. Sponsors flocked at his door, eager for a piece of the action and Tiger was also not adverse to action. He made millions from the likes of Nike, Gatorade and Tag Heuer. I remember seeing a Tag Heuer ad featuring Tiger Woods and being a Tiger Woods wannabe, rushed out to get one but ended up with something in my price range; a discounted Timex.
Women idolized Tiger Woods because he represented cool and rich, the two things women aspire in men more than common sense. But all good things eventually hit a tree and a fire hydrant in the early hours of the morning and Tiger was no exception. This tree-and-fire-hydrant-hitting incident by Tiger Woods caused people to speculate that it looked like serious woman trouble. Unable to breaks any longer, Tiger finally admitted he transgressed but did not give the details the press and other detractors were looking for. Now there are rumors that Tiger performed some of his transgressions for two and half years with a cocktail waitress which is not an uncommon dream amongst normal men. These rumors only created more admirers in the form of married and unmarried men as they too wanted to be like Tiger without getting the wood. The rumors also alleged that Mr. Woods had many other affairs which had girlfriends and wives taking a more self righteous look at the situation and they all wished Tiger dead.
This situation is unfortunate as nobody stopped to ask Tiger if he found women as exciting as hitting a hole-in-one. Nobody stopped to ask Tiger if he was a normal, unhappy man who found transgression a path to happiness and a necessary part of being found irresistibly sexy by sexy women. Nobody stopped to ask the priest if he liked children or the occasional nun either. I don’t know if Tiger Woods will lose sponsorship from the other self righteous set of people in the world, corporations, but I will not buy any products made by companies that drop Tiger Woods because there is always a deeper reason for transgressing than being a rich, famous, sexy man nicknamed Woods.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Tiger Woods Mistress Tracker (blippitt.com)
- Tiger Woods backing out of his best man duties (timesunion.com)
- The Tiger Woods Phenomenon: How We Pick Our Mates (blogs.wsj.com)
- Gatorade Dumps Tiger Woods (pinkisthenewblog.com)
- Tiger Woods’ transgressions take a toll on his brand (blogs.ft.com)
- DiManno: Early marriage a pricey mistake for some stars (thestar.com)
- Jaimee Grubbs “Deeply Sorry” for Tiger Woods Affair (blippitt.com)
- ‘Gatorade Tiger Focus’ to Be Discontinued (blippitt.com)
- Tiger Woods’ People Tried to Pay Off Affair Witness (blippitt.com)
- Tiger’s Sponsors Stick, but for How Long? (abcnews.go.com)