Today is 双十节 or Double Ten, but it is even more special this year as people like me get to blog about Triple Ten. Because the chances are close to zero that I will live to see another Triple Ten I am posting my tribute to China and their contribution to Trinidad and Tobago and the world.
China’s best kept secret isn’t the melamine in the milk, the Geely Tiger GT, Liu Xiaobo or the name of the owner of the Gunapo Church. China’s best kept secret is 25 year-old Ayi Jihu (吉胡阿依) who is being called China’s Madonna by people who are authorized to do these things. If you look at some of Ayi’s videos on you will notice she can wine quite well by communist standards, a skill she developed while living in London, a city more cosmopolitan and has as much wining as Port of Spain during Carnival time. Ayi Jihu sold more than 100 million downloads of her music in China, which I assume, is a great achievement given China’s population of 1.4 billion. She is considered an R&B star and Ayi is going places like Bollywood where she is due to appear in a production soon.
I admire the Chinese not just for their ability to beat up, torture, then jail dissidents when needed, but for their ability to become leaders in the manufacture of everything from computer motherboards to people. The Chinese I know in Trinidad and Tobago are smart and this might be so because when China has to export people their pool to choose from is large. Here in Trinidad and Tobago, our pool is small so even with laptops for many by 2020 we may still have to depend on oil and gas money rather than scattered brains to make ends meet. Drill, drill, drill! China is on target to attaining world dominance but this will only happen when they conquer the last two frontiers – the automobile and winer-gul industries. Look out Toyota and Trinidad and Tobago, China is coming in your way.
And now for the traditional Chinese version of the post above:
今天是China’ s大天、雙十節或者雙十，但是它是更加特別今年，當像我的人们有關於三倍十的博克。 由于機會是接近零我將居住看另一三倍十我張貼我的進貢到中國和他們的對千里達與多貝哥和世界的貢獻。 中國的最佳的被保留的秘密不是在牛奶、Geely老虎GT，劉Xiaobo或Gunapo教會的所有者的名字的三聚氰胺。 中國的最佳的被保留的秘密是由人称中國的Madonna被批准做這些事的25歲的Ayi Jihu (吉胡阿依)。 如果您看一些Ayi’ 在您注意的YouTube的s錄影她可以相當很好喝酒根據亞洲標準，她開发，當住在倫敦时的技巧，更加世界性的城市並且有一样喝酒象口岸- -在狂歡節时间，西班牙。 Ayi Jihu賣了超过100她的音樂百萬下載在中國，我假設，指定的一個巨大成就中國的人口1.4十億。 她被认為R& B星和Ayi是去的地方，如Bollywood她就该很快的地方出现於生產。 我敬佩中國人不僅他們的能力的能打，拷打，然后拘留不滿分子，當需要，但是為了他們的能力能成為在一切的製造的領導從計算機主板到人。 我在千里達與多貝哥认识的中國人是聰明的，並且這也許如此是，因為，當中國必須出口人时他們的選擇的水池從是大。 這裡在千里達與多貝哥，我們的水池是小的，因此甚而與許多的膝上型計算機由2020我們也許仍然必須依靠油和煤气金錢而不是腦子。 鑽子，鑽子，鑽子! 中國在目標對獲得世界優勢，但是這只將發生，當他們征服前二個邊境-汽車和winer-gul產業。 看豐田，並且千里達與多貝哥，中國來臨您的方式。
The gasoline and diesel subsidy in Trinidad and Tobago will be about $TT2.7 billion this year and the Government is looking at ways of reducing this subsidy, probably to reduce the national debt, and to pay off rich Clico investors who are itching to use their funds to buy more houses in Florida. The Government is proposing to reduce the fuel subsidy by encouraging the use of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) once again. Personally, I think this is another pie-in-the-sky plan since CNG has failed to take off in Trinidad and Tobago every time a ruling regime tries to reintroduce its use despite the enormous potential for corruption in its implementation.
If the Government wants to reduce the fuel subsidy there are simpler and less corrupt ways to do it and those ways simply mean people should wake up and smell the lotus flower and drive smart. Driving smart will reduce fuel consumption which means less fuel to subsidize. To drive smart you only need to observe some simple guidelines as follows:
- Don’t drive aggressively or like an idiot. Accelerate slowly even in traffic and never cross the speed limit unless the perfect opportunity to tailgate a speeding ambulance arises. Some say you can improve your gas mileage by as much as 30% by following this rule. You will also be less likely to kill innocent people due to your natural born stupidity.
- Remove excess weight. This would mean not only to encourage your passengers to lose 50 pounds apiece but also the removal of things you mindlessly carry around in the trunk like Tiger Woods autographed golf clubs, wet Speedo swimming trunks and bikinis, crates of bananas, and scaffolding removed from the Gunapo Church site. Depending on the amount of weight you shed, you can improve mileage by 1 or even 2 percent.
- Avoid excessive idling. This would be near impossible if you are into URP, CEPEP, or work at any Government Office that interfaces with the public but every little reduction in idle time will help the economy.
- Buy cars with good fuel economy like the Toyota Corolla with a 1.5 cc VVT engine or the Honda Civic with a 1.6 cc iVTEC engine. There are many other cars with good fuel economy on the market locally but try to avoid those foreign-used cars since most dealers are not honest but have a talent for selling Eskimos ice and politicians corruption. Their public image of honesty can be very deceptive.
- Japanese Prius sales take a slide (businessgreen.com)
- Fossil-Fuel Subsidies Still Dominate (tnr.com)
- Fossil fuel subsidies “dwarf” support for renewables (businessgreen.com)
- Fossil fuel subsidies are 10 times those of renewables, figures show (jamblemag.com)
- Japan’s green-car subsidy comes to a halt; sales of subcompacts dip 12.2% (green.autoblog.com)
Shanghai Construction, builders of the Guanapo Church, has taken the lead by placing nothing less than a full-page ad in the Trinidad Guardian to congratulate, or is it welcome, the new Prime Minister. It stresses, with as much tact as a supposedly guilty company could muster, that it is a Chinese Government State Company and wants to maintain good relationships with the people of this beautiful country and not necessarily only the beautiful people of this country. I suppose they, the Chinese Government, want to make it known that they want to be left alone and in peace or else. It is a classic case of my Government is bigger that your Government and richer too. We will see how this plays out because there are few hundred thousand people in the country who want to know the truth and nothing but the truth about the past. It is not about vengeance but about setting the right example for citizens of this beautiful country.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Shanghai Court to Issue Rio Tinto Verdicts (online.wsj.com)